Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The Perfect Valentine

Have you ever noticed there is an acrostic in John 3:16? I didn't until someone showed it to me. And so I would also like to share it with you.


His love for you is even so much more than a just a simple valentine. Why? Because it was a complete offering of Himself when He gave His life for you. There can never and will never be a love that equals His love for us.

"In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins."

~I John 4:9-10


Hearing someone say "I love you" is nice, but how much better it is when someone shows you they love you by their actions - it shows they really mean it. The Lord didn't just say "I love you", He showed us by laying down His life for us on the cross. Now that's true love.


Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: