Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A Week of Blessings

What an absolutely marvelous week I just had!  As many of you are aware, my favorite radio station had their annual fundraiser, which they call "sharathon."  I love their daily programming - the Biblical preaching, Christ-centered music, & other programs.  Yet, even though they take a short break from most of the programs, I also love their sharathon!

My love for the WCTS Sharathon really began back in 2000 when my family started homeschooling.  It was the first time I'd had the chance to hear it during the day, and it was a delight to hear the conversations of the different radio personalities uninterrupted by anything but music.  Added to that, we were also able to schedule a field trip down to the station during the sharathon.... And now, for the last 3 years, I've had the wonderful opportunity of being down at the station every day of their fundraisings, which has led to volunteering in other ways throughout the year as well!

There is so much to enjoy about volunteering there: working with the WCTS staff, speaking with the guest speakers who come in, hearing from other listeners & taking their comments, and in general just staying busy helping the station.  This year, it was also fun to hear my siblings give the station phone numbers on the air live!  I didn't know about it ahead of time, so it was quite the surprise when I heard their little voices!  (As it turns out, they didn't know ahead of time, either... they had come in to see me, and were asked if they could read the numbers on the sheet of paper in front of them. Next thing they knew, they were on the air!)

Yet, if one was to ask me what was the apex of Sharathon 2010 (and every other sharathon as well), I would say that it is seeing how the Lord meets the needs of a ministry that seeks to please Him each & every moment of the day.  The daily goal was exceeded a few times, and other times it was close. Those times were so exciting!  But it's not really the excitement I'm talking about - it's seeing how God's people are responding to what He has laid on their hearts.  That's one reason that I can confidently say that we know the Lord will provide even though the overall goal wasn't quite met.  People don't need to pledge during sharathon; they can give whenever it's put on their hearts.  Or maybe the Lord has something else entirely in His mind.  I don't know.  However, I do know, and this is my other reason, that when the Lord is for something, nothing can hinder it!  And it's a thrill to watch His plan come together.

 

O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!
how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!
For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor?
Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again?
For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.

~ Romans 11:33-36 ~

 

 

P.S. If you would like to read more, check out friendsofwcts.blogspot.com.

 

No comments: